Eleven Random Facts About Me

Hi everyone, I just edited my blog title and URL today

– simply because I thought Self-Ashtualisation sounded catchier and reflected me more authentically now #Growth

– so I thought I'd mark this occasion with a new blogpost. In honour of my blog title, I thought nothing would be more apt than for me to reflect on and remind myself of who I am and have become, as well as my purposes and aspirations. Therefore, here are eleven random facts about me (Why eleven? Read on to find out.):

 


1)    If I were to write a memoir or an autobiography, it would definitely be titled Self-Ashtualisation.

2)    My top five favourite beverages are coffee, milk tea, hot chocolate, apple tea and mint tea in that order, though the only drink I can’t live without consuming daily is coffee.

3)    On a typical day, I read from 5pm-8pm with dinner break in between and then from 11.11pm-11.45pm before bedtime at 12am. Sometimes, if I can afford it, I’ll read from 9am-8pm and 11.11pm-11.45pm before bedtime as above. Why 11.11pm? Because:

4)    Ever since I learnt the eleven-letter word ‘distinction’ and fell in love with it (love at first … hearing?), 11 became my favourite number.

5)    As a BBC Radio 4 fan, I used to dream of becoming a BBC Radio journalist – actually I still do.

6)    When (someone special corrected me when I said ‘if’) I become a published author, my Facebook author page will either be Author and Artivist Ashley or (my name) Ashley Marilynne Wong.

7)    Autumn is my favourite season because I was born in September and the season has such a poetic vibe. To me that lovely season signifies growth and healing, reminding me to love and accept myself for who I am, darkness and light, wards and all.

8)    This is both a blessing and a curse, but I am an underweight foodie.

9)    Apart from ‘distinction’, another word I adore just as much is ‘authentic’.

10) I love salted caramel.

11) I’d love to expand my writing repertoire to include advert jingles and song lyrics one day.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27 Things I’ve Learnt in 27 Years

Eleven Things You’d Relate to If You’re Both a Prose and Poetry Writer

Five Fabulously Gorgeous Non-Fiction Books Under 200 Pages That Will Get You Back on Your Productive Feet