‘Deep, Intense, Serious, Sensitive’: An Acrostic Poem

Dream’s lucidity cannot be priced or prized in so far as

enlightenment is to concern itself by being too concerned with all those

expensive feelings that cannot be

prised from my tight fists, feasting upon your treasured robots.

 

‘Intention is everything,’ you say through your remaining robot,

not looking me in the eye when I confront you about your stale hypocrisy

that tepid heart toys me in its touch

engrossing itself in the game called ‘still caring’, pretending,

not caring that I have

stopped putting a price tag on your, in hindsight, not quite

expensive, copy-pasted words.

 

Solemn still waters in that preserved, artificial self

energetically claim that every time you say you believe in me, I am

right to believe that you mean it, meaning

irrespective of the untruth, you demand the benefit of my, not quite doubt,

out, so I won’t accuse you of causing me

unduly pain,

shutting me up in the most efficient way you can think of.

 

‘Show me the door you’ve slammed in my face,’ I implore,

endeavouring to move myself from your polite façade that

needs to be melted from your chocolate-barred,

sickly sweet heart that has grown, or rather shrunk, so soggy. So sorry

I’m not sorry to illustrate it on your manilla, vanilla, freezing blue face,

try as I might to summon the apology that might

impress you to restart reading me

voraciously, the way you used to

egg me on to turn my own pages, before flushing them down with probing tears, that tear.

 


 

Comments

  1. This is very deep and yet beautiful at the same time! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27 Things I’ve Learnt in 27 Years

Five Fabulously Gorgeous Non-Fiction Books Under 200 Pages That Will Get You Back on Your Productive Feet

Eleven Things You’d Relate to If You’re Both a Prose and Poetry Writer