‘Grammar’: An Acrostic-Anagrammatic Poem

Gosh! Note that beginning a poem with that G-word I’ve just

randomly and unjustly assigned to this one is

a bit poetic-pathetic-grammatically, not quite incorrect. Imperfect? I

mean just look at those absurd hyphenations hahaha!

My mess is a bit of a life, isn’t it? Or should I

absolutely stop that rubbish charade? Perhaps

righting the wronged life by focusing on bribing mine would help. Just saying.

 

‘Ashley needs to stop herself from turning into ashes,’ writes the

red pen that is my right hand, upon detaching itself from

me. Its ink shouts too loud, whizzing in

my boiling ears as they’re nearly fried of heart, or perhaps art

attack, no thanks to my wasted choice,

grandiosely and gingerly called deflection, daughter of my time thief, agile beyond

repair, so I need to prepare to face the music – explosive ears’ tellings-off, to be most exact.

 

Getting myself together used to be the ugliest words

my ears have ever heard, but now in desperation, each of them

are in this crazy contest to see which of them is madder at

me. Ouch! The soup I’m in is now far too hot for my liking. So I want out! And

about my novel? Well, how should I say this? Nothing to say yet? Yeah. Just about

right those words are, which is not alright at all.

‘Respect your ruddy overdue process!’ my ears again, sprouting gritted teeth. Bingo! Bitten.

 

My biting ears have just led me to grip

my torn left arm with my breath, so now another body part is mad at me. Well done me!

‘Apology disproven unless you glitter-glue your writing portfolio

right now!] bootlegged arm threatens, tiger-motherly voice nearly jellyfishing

armed legs, so I need to be careful in case unfinished

grounding business makes my feet run off, leaving me with a tailing tail and a

ravenous, con-artistic relationship with confidence – and eventually shelf-esteem.

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 Things I’ve Learnt in 27 Years

Eleven Things You’d Relate to If You’re Both a Prose and Poetry Writer

Five Fabulously Gorgeous Non-Fiction Books Under 200 Pages That Will Get You Back on Your Productive Feet