A Poem to Begin My Journey Here

My first post here on That BBC Radio Four Girl! Yay! :D
Since I want to make this blog a word camera that captures my writing journey, my first post is going to be a poem entitled 'Copycat Crisis'. I have written four versions of the poem--because I can't tell whether I've done well--and this is the fourth version :D
Enjoy :)

Copycat Crisis

With suppressed snores
My friends scorch their hands
When injured pens
Bleed copycat words
On A4 sheets
Writing blind essays
Of dying colours.

Our English teacher
Called herself Miss Textbookheart
As she attached
The sheep-shaped pendrives
Containing those essays
Onto our brains
The day before our final exam.

I twist the sheep shape
Into a dough
Of hot and fresh words
To bake my own brand
Of shepherd’s pie
On exam sheets without copycat words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 Things I’ve Learnt in 27 Years

Eleven Things You’d Relate to If You’re Both a Prose and Poetry Writer

Five Fabulously Gorgeous Non-Fiction Books Under 200 Pages That Will Get You Back on Your Productive Feet